Seared Grouper with Snap Beans and Three Pepper Relish
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
- 1 pound snap beans, snapped at the end that was attached to the vine and blanched
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow and green), diced small
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- olive oil for cooking
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat a small sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the preheated pan.
- Add the diced peppers and garlic to the pan.
- Cook peppers and garlic until just crisp tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Season the pepper mixture to taste with salt and pepper and remove from the pan.
- Using the same pan, add the soy sauce and reduce by half.
- Once the soy sauce is reduced by half, remove it from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the preheated pan.
- Lightly season each grouper fillet with salt and pepper.
- Carefully add the fillets to the preheated pan.
- Cook fillets for 3 minutes on each side or until fish is just barely done all the way through.
- Remove fillets from pan and let them rest.
- Add the blanched snap beans to the pan used for the fillets.
- Cook snap beans until hot and lightly browned.
- Season the snap beans to taste with salt and pepper.
- To plate up dish, add an even amount of snap beans to each plate.
- Place a grouper fillet over the snap beans.
- Garnish the top of each fillet with the pepper relish sauté.
- Drizzle each plate with the reduced soy sauce.
- Garnish each plate with the chopped parsley.
- - See more at: http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Recipes/Seafood/Grouper/Seared-Florida-Grouper-with-Snap-Beans-and-Three-Pepper-Relish#sthash.jGwPuvnM.dpuf