Roast Cod with Garlic Butter
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoons minced prosciutto di Parma
- 1 tablespoon almond, rice, or all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 (7-ounce) skinless cod fillets
- Garnish: lemon wedges
- Stir together first 10 ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wide, deep, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season the cod fillets with salt and pepper, and cook 4 minutes. Turn fillets over; cook 1 minute.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon butter mixture over the top of each fillet; transfer skillet to oven, and bake at 450° for 2 minutes or until fish is just cooked through and opaque in the center.
- Add any remaining butter to pan, and let melt, stirring with juices in pan; spoon over fish, and garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.