Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Snow Crab
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 dry shallots, finely chopped
- 1 oz pancetta, finely diced
- 1 celery-heart stalk, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp. Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 oz snow crab meat
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ⅔ cup Gruyère cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut off and discard the stems of the mushrooms. With a spoon, scrape out and discard the black gills.
- Brush the inside and outside of the mushrooms with half the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, transfer to the baking sheet and set aside.
- In a skillet, sweat the shallots in the rest of the olive oil for seven minutes.
- Add the pancetta and cook on medium-high for five minutes.
- Add the celery and red pepper and cook for another five minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, season the mixture with salt and pepper, and gently stir in the crab meat and all the other ingredients.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the crab preparation. Bake on the center rack of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese is golden-brown.