Pork Chops Stuffed with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spinach
Recipe type: Pork
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 (10-ounce) bag of frozen spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) goat cheese
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 (4-ounce) center-cut pork chops
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ½ lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Warm the 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook until combined, about 2 more minutes. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Add the goat cheese and the cream cheese. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the thickest portion of the pork chop. Stuff each pocket with ¼ of the spinach and sun-dried tomato mixture and close the pork around the stuffing. Season the outside of the pork with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, and mustard.
- Warm the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot add the pork. Cook until golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the pork to a side dish and tent with foil to keep warm. Add the chicken broth mixture to the skillet over medium-high heat. Scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan as the chicken broth simmers. Reduce the broth by half to make a light sauce, about 8 minutes. Spoon some sauce over the pork before serving.