One Pot Moroccan Chicken with Peaches
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (finely grated)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 lb. sliced Peaches
- 1 small sweet potato (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- ½ cup water or chicken broth
- ½ cup Kalamata olives (pitted)
- ⅓ cup currants or raisins
- 2 tbsp pine nuts (toasted)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and chicken.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the ginger, garlic, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper.
- Mix the seasonings with the chicken, then add the peaches, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, water and olives. Stir everything together.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Continue cooking on low for 15 to 20 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender. Stir in the currants or raisins before serving.
- Serve over cooked rice, couscous or quinoa, topped with toasted pine nuts and fresh chopped cilantro.