Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast
- 1 loaf of day old Challah Bread
- 4 eggs
- splash of milk
- 1 cup BelGioioso Mascarpone cheese
& ½ cup cream cheese (left out to soften…room temp)
- 2 tbsp confectioners sugar sifted
- 1 tsp splash of vanilla
- 1 pint each of blueberries and blackberries
- Cut your bread into 1.5 inch thick slices
- Now cut a pocket through the center (like a pita) Be sure not to cut all the way through.
- Mix mascarpone, cream cheese, vanilla and sugar!
- Stuff blueberries, blackberries and some cheese mixture in the middle of your bread.
- Set your over to 350 degrees F.
- Get a baking sheet ready by lining it with parchment paper.
- Mix your eggs and add your milk.
- Turn heat on the medium high and add a tsp or so of veg oil or butter, enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Dip your stuffed toast into your egg mixture; make sure all sides are coated. Drain off excess egg and pop it in the frying pan.
- Fry both sides to a nice golden brown, about 1-2 minutes each side.
- Take out from pan and place on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Put it in the oven for 5-7 minutes!
- Take it out of the oven and cut in half! Serve with a dusting of confectioners sugar or maple syrup.