Mascarpone Medjool Date Layered Spread
- 1 tub mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
- 1 cup Natural Delights Medjool dates, pitted and chopped (about 10 dates)
- ¾ cup toasted pecans, chopped
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large bowl, stir together mascarpone cheese, Medjool dates and ½-cup of the pecans. Set aside.
- Line a 2-cup deep bowl with plastic wrap and sprinkle remaining pecans into bottom. Pack half of the mascarpone mixture into bottom, smoothing top. Sprinkle with blue cheese and parsley and press gently into mascarpone.
- Spoon remaining mascarpone mixture on top and smooth top. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour or for up to 3 days.
- Makes about 2 cups. Serves about 12 as an appetizer or hors d’oeuvres.