King Crab Legs and Shrimp Penne with Vodka & Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce
- ½ pound penne pasta
- 2 Tablespoons salt for penne
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 5 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- ½ tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 28 oz. can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Vodka
- ½ cup Light Cream
- ¼ cup Parsley, Chopped
- 6-8 Large Cooked Shrimp
- 3 King Crab Legs, halved
- Add the penne to a large pot of salted water and cook until the penne are al dente.
- While the penne is cooking, combine the oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in a medium (4-quart) sauce pan. Cook over moderate heat until the garlic turns golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes with their juices. Stir to blend and simmer, covered, until the sauce begins to thicken, about 15 minutes. Add the vodka to the pan.
- Separately, add about a tablespoon of the sauce to the light cream and stir the mixture slightly before adding the cream into the pan. Let sauce cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the sauce to warm them. Let sauce rest for about 5 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce and shrimp over cooked pasta and mix. Place crab legs on top with a drizzle of more sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.