Recipe type: Side Dishes
- ¼ Red onion, minced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- ½ Teaspoon of Kosher Salt
- 2 Ripe Hass Avocados
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 2 To 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Ripe plum tomato, cored and diced
- ¼ to ½ jalapeno (with seeds), minced
- Soak the onion in cold water for 15 minutes. drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- on a cutting board, lightly sprinkle the garlic with ¼ teaspoon of salt and smash it into a paste with the side of a cook’s knife. transfer the paste to the bowl with the onion.
- Using a knife cut the avocados in half, rotating around the seeds. remove the seeds and discard. using the knife, carefully make several slashes in the avocado flesh. using a spoon, scoop the avocado flesh into the bowl with the onion and garlic. repeat with the remaining avocado.
- Add the lime juice, cilantro, tomato, and jalapeno, to taste, to the avocados. using a rubber spatula or large fork, mix until just combined, keeping the guacamole chunky. season with salt, to taste.
- Serve immediately.