Grilled Veal Chops with Potato-Leek Hash
- 4 veal loin chops, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 medium leeks, cut into ½-inch thick slices, separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Stir in potatoes, leeks, 1 tablespoon thyme and ½ teaspoon garlic salt. Cover and cook 12 to 16 minutes or until potatoes and leeks are tender and begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove cover and continue to cook 3 to 5 minutes or until potatoes begin to crisp, stirring occasionally and adding remaining 1 tablespoon oil to prevent sticking, if needed.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1 teaspoon thyme, ½ teaspoon garlic salt and pepper; press evenly onto veal chops. Place chops on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 15 to 17 minutes to medium (160ºF) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Serve chops with potato mixture.