Grilled Pork Chops with Cherry Chutney
- ¾ cup cherry preserves
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- ⅔ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups pitted fresh Bing cherries
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops
- Pre-heat barbecue at medium/high heat. Mix preserves, vinegar, allspice, cinnamon in small bowl. Reserve ¼ cup for meat glaze and keep the rest for chutney.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium flame. Add onion and sauté for one minute. Add cherries, rosemary, cayenne, and preserves mixture. Simmer chutney on low boil until thick, stirring occasionally, about ten minutes. Remove from heat and add a pinch of salt.
- Brush pork chops with reserved glaze, season with salt and pepper and grill until browned on all sides and meat registers 145F. Let chops rest for ten minutes, serve with chutney.