- Score a handful of cherries into fourths – enough to top 2 fish fillets and then remove the pits.
- For 2 servings, dice half of a small onion and add to the cherries in a mixing bowl.
- Add the juice of half a lemon.
- Add a handful of chopped fresh basil
- Add 1 tsp. of honey and a dash of sea salt.
- Pour in 1 tsp. of balsamic vinegar.
- Mix well and chill in the fridge so the flavors can combine while you cook the fish
- Drizzle a light coat of coconut oil (or oil of your choice) on the top side of the fillets. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 2-3 Tbs. of coconut oil (or other oil) on a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the mahi-mahi, skin side down.
- Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes until cooked through. When you flip, the skin should peel off fairly easily. Add the juice of half a lemon for extra flavor. Allow the fish to cool for 5 minutes before topping with the salsa.