Grilled Mahi Mahi in a Lemon Butter Sauce
- 6 Mahi Mahi fillets(about 5-6 ounces each)
- Real Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6 tablespoons softened Butter, divided
- ¼ small Sweet Onion, minced
- ½ teaspoon Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Chicken Stock
- Juice of 2 small Lemons
- Preheat a grill to medium/high heat.
- Place the Mahi Mahi fillets in a bowl and sprinkle salt and pepper over the top of the fish, to taste.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the fish and turn the fish to coat.
- Place the fish on the hot grill and let cook for about 3-4 minutes per side(depending on thickness), turning carefully.
- Remove from the grill to a serving dish.
- While the fish is cooking, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium/high heat in a small saute pan.
- Add the minced onion to the butter and saute for about 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Add garlic and saute for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and let simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the lemon juice and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the remaining butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, to the sauce and stir in until the sauce thickens and becomes glossy.
- Add salt to taste, if desired.
- Pour butter sauce over the top of the grilled mahi mahi and serve.