Grilled Citrus Tuna Steak with Avocado and Spinach
- 1 tuna steak
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 tsp freshly minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime, plus the zest
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 cups spinach
- Season both sides of the tuna with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 Tbs. oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, zest and sugar. Add the fish and marinate for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- In a small skillet heat the last Tbs of oil. Add the spinach and wilt slightly. Toss in a teeny pinch of salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the fish from the marinade and grill (or sear) for 2 minutes on each side. Keep it rare in the center. PLEASE!
- Pour the remaining marinade into a small saucepan and reduce until it becomes thick, 2 minutes.
- Top the wilted spinach with the grilled fish, followed by the sliced avocado and a nice drizzle of the reduction.