Grilled Chicken & Fresh Cherry Salsa
- 1½ lb. cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ cup minced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded to uniform thickness
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Combine cherries, red onion, lemon juice, basil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and salt in a bowl. Place into the refrigerator while you grill the chicken.
- Brush both sides of the chicken breasts with oil then season liberally with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat for 4 minutes a side, or until cooked all the way through. Let rest for 5 minutes before topping with fresh cherry salsa.