Grilled Calamari Salad
Recipe type: Seafood
Serves: 1½ Quarts
- 2 cups herb olive oil, recipe follows
- 3 pounds calamari, cleaned
- 1 cup pepperoncini peppers cut into rings
- 1 cup julienne roasted red peppers
- ½ cup capers
- 1 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- Herb Olive Oil:
- ¼ cup chopped parsley leaves
- ¼ cup chopped chervil leaves
- ¼ cup chopped basil leaves
- ¼ cup chopped thyme leaves
- 1 quart blended olive oil
- Put 1 cup of the herb oil in a mixing bowl. Add calamari, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Remove calamari, season with salt and pepper on both sides and grill for approximately 4 minutes per side. While the calamari is cooking, put all other ingredients and the remaining 1 cup herb oil in a mixing bowl. Slice calamari into thin juliennes, and add to all of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly, season with salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients. This can be prepared in advance and used for multiple recipes.