- 10 ml Garlic Salt
- 15 ml Mixed Herb blend (Thyme, Sage, Sweet Basil and Marjoram)
- 200 g Calamari Rings
- 15 ml Olive Oil
- Rocket Leaves
- 100 g Strawberries
- 1 Fresh Mango
- 1 Lemon
- Place Robertsons Garlic Salt and Mixed herbs into a bowl.
- Add calamari and mix well. Allow to stand whilst making the salad.
- Rinse rocket, dry and place in serving dish.
- Rinse and cut strawberries in half.
- Thinly slice the mango. Add strawberries and mango to the rocket.
- On high heat, heat oil in a griddle pan and add calamari.
- Fry for 1 minute or until it is not translucent.
- Add calamari to the salad, squeeze over fresh lemon juice to taste
The trick is to combine the calamari and the spices only cooking them once the salad is prepared. This way the spices get a chance to marinate the calamari infusing it with flavor.
When preparing a salad only dress it as you are about to serve it. By dressing the salad in advance the oil in the salad dressing will permeate the salad leaves and cause them to become dark and limp.