Gluten-Free Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. gluten-free seasoning salt or lemon pepper
- 24 oz. spaghetti sauce or equivalent homemade sauce
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh spinach
- pinch of fresh basil
- pinch of fresh oregano
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 12 oz. gluten-free pasta (your choice of shape, I used fusilli)
- Set a pot of water over high heat to bring to boil. Once water is at a full, rolling boil, add gluten-free pasta noodles, a pinch of salt, and cook according to package instructions. When pasta is done, drain water and set pasta aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and chicken. Sprinkle one side of chicken with half of the garlic powder and half of the seasoning salt called for in recipe. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Flip chicken. Sprinkle with remaining garlic powder and seasoning salt. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken, then stir in grated Parmesan cheese, chopped spinach, basil and oregano. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Let cheese melt, then serve chicken and sauce over cooked gluten-free pasta.