Broiled Sockeye Salmon Salad with Blueberries and Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1½-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 pounds sockeye salmon, cut into 6 pieces
- ¾ cup blueberries
- 6 cups mixed greens
- Balsamic glaze, to serve
- Feta cheese, to serve
- Fresh dill, to serve
- Heat the oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread evenly on the prepared baking sheet and bake until tender and browned, turning occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven and heat the oven to broil. Spray another baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, mustard, hot sauce and ½ teaspoon salt. Arrange the salmon pieces on the prepared pan and spread the brown sugar mixture over the top of each piece. Cook the salmon 4 inches from the broiler for 2 minutes, or until browned and cooked to the desired level.
- Arrange 1 cup of greens on each serving plate. Top with a piece of salmon. Divide the roasted sweet potatoes among the plates, along with the blueberries. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and sprinkle with feta and fresh dill.