Boneless Skinless Breast of Chicken Saltimbocca
Recipe type: Chicken
- 6 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- ⅓ plus 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup clarified butter
- 12 thin slices of prosciutto ham
- 6-1oz slices of monterey jack cheese, cut in half
- ¼ cup shallots
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- ½ lb sliced mushrooms (3 cups)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp each fresh thyme and oregano or ½ tsp each dried thyme and oregano
- ½ cup dry sherry and cream
- salt and pepper
- Dip chicken in flour: brown in butter.
- Arrange in a buttered 13 x9 x 2 baking dish
- Top each with 1 slice prosciutto ham and ½ slice cheese
- Cook shallots in garlic until soft
- Add mushrooms, wine, broth and herbs; bring to a boil and cook 10 min.
- Stir into hot mixture 1 tbsp. flour and a small amount sherry and cream season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Bake in a 375 oven for 20 min