Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 14 thick asparagus spears, about 1 lb.
- 7 strips of good quality bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare asparagus: break off tough ends by snapping 1-2 inches from bottom. Peel bottom portion of asparagus spears if desired.
- Prepare bacon: cut all bacon strips in half length-wise. You should end up with 14 long, thin strips of bacon.
- Starting just under the tender tips, wrap the bacon in a spiral motion down the asparagus. Overlap the first bit of bacon to create a tighter wrap.
- Place spears, seam side down if possible, on a rimmed baking pan. Roast at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is cooked to desired crispness. Season with black pepper and salt if using a lower sodium bacon.