Bacon Wrapped Asparagus with Garlic and Parsley
- ½ lb. bacon (approximately 8 slices)
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, washed, dried and tough ends of stalks removed (approximately 32 pieces)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Combine olive oil, garlic and parsley in small pan and saute for 2 minutes over low heat, remove from heat and let stand for at least 15 minutes to cool down.
- Put the asparagus is a large flat container and drizzle with the olive oil, garlic and parsley mixture and mix thoroughly so all of the asparagus is coated.
- Lay 4 stalks of asparagus in the center of each strip of bacon and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap bacon around the center of the stalks and secure with a toothpick.
- Place asparagus bundles on baking sheet, drizzle bundles with any remaining olive oil mixture and bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until asparagus is tender and bacon is crisp.